Target continues to live up to its name by hitting the mark this season with a finely feathered collection of home products that bring the outside in for the winter. Feathers—as well as their design pals, arrows and birds—are featured in everything from stools to pillows and candleholders to picture frames.
No Juju hats, and that suits me fine. I’m a LOT tired of seeing those and all forms of dyed feathers. I take my feather “straight”—from nature, that is. Even when reproduced in textiles I prefer a naturalistic representation.
Feathers = the new flowers
|Bozeman Interior Designers & Decorators/Envi Interior Design Studio|
|Sydney Interior Designers and Decorators/Luci.D Interiors|
…or grouped like a bouquet in a larger vessel. If you’re observant, you can find your own in your yard or at a park throughout the spring, summer and fall.
If you have pets, make sure you display your feathers somewhere they can’t reach. I learned the hard way and have rescued many a feather from the mouth of my kitty, Maisie, who thinks it is either lunch or a toy; either way, she chews it to bits.
Give your feathers the Midas touch
When not “au naturel,” feathers these days get decked out in gold, usually tipped. Spray paint, paint pens, or the traditional brush and bottle all work. How about nail polish? My guess is yes. Copper is big this fall, too, and I think it would look gorgeous on feathers.
These golden beauties from the Nate Berkus Collection for Target will help extend that “golden feather” look throughout your room or home. Follow the links for details:
And this collection of pillows in fall tones mixed with gold would lend an elegant air to my charcoal-gray sofa and brown leather club chairs. Plus, they would be Maisie-proof! Follow the links for details:
- Over-sized Black Global Lumbar Pillow by Threshold.
- Velvet Arrow-Stitch Decorative Pillow by Threshold, gold, embroidered.
- Metallic Owl Decorative Lumbar Pillow by Threshold, gold printed on white.
- Metallic Feather Pillow by Threshold, gold printed on dark brown.
- Metallic Feather Gray Lumbar Pillow by Threshold, embroidered.
Fancy flight or flights of fancy?
|High Point Interior Designers & Decorators/Lisa Sherry Interieurs|
I could entertain both in this office, couldn’t you? Not only is there an over-size triptych of a feather silhouette, but the chandelier is working a feather motif as well.
- Feather 2016 Weekly/Monthly Planner/Calendar.
- Kate Aspen Large Feather “Gilded Gold” Picture Frames, set of 3, each 4 x 6 inches.
- Feather Corkboard with Arrow by Room Essentials, white, 11 x 14 inches.
Rack ’em up to make fur fly!
These two arrows are simply crossed and made a part of a larger wall display, which adds variety to the artwork of different shapes and sizes.
Three arrows hung horizontally above this bed with points alternating work with the bright striped pillows and geometric rug to create a bumped-up BoHo southwest look.
Target’s Metal Arrow/Wall Décor x 2 or 3 would give you a similar look as these rooms in a snap. The 28-inch long arrows sport an antiqued-gold finish.
The throw, pillow and stool by Nate Berkus would cozy up most any room, including the ones above. The pieces are described as black faux fur, but I’ve seen them in the store, and they have a feathery look to them. The colorway includes shades of dark brown, ivory and gray as well as black. The throw is machine washable, and all three pieces are uber-soft to the touch.
The stool is to-die-for cute and just may find its way into my living room!
Arrows of a feather framed together
|Newport Beach Design-Build Firms/Jodi Fleming Design|
Here’s a set of six arrows framed and hung over a double bed in a rustic bedroom with a subdued palette. The arrows repeat the geometrics in the textiles and help reinforce a masculine vibe.
Leave no feather unruffled
My favorite way to display arrows is the simplest—grouped in a vase to show off their colorful and craftsmanship. These arrows remind me of these more colorful feather and arrow-themed pillows in Target’s fall stock.
Follow the links for details:
- Birds of a Feather Pillow by Surya, available in four backgrounds—charcoal gray, golden yellow, red clay (pictured) and sage.
- Orange Feathers Pillow by Safavieh, embroidered and sold on-line in a two-pack.
- Talavera Feathers Pillow by Mudhut, embroidered.
- Multi Feathers Pillow by Threshold, embroidered.
- Thames Pillow by Surya, available in black/beige, beige, light gray and light rust (pictured).