Every time I look around this downtown Washington, DC, condo, my bo-dar (that’s BOHO radar) bleeps fast and furious. Yes, we’re in the nation’s capital, but swaths of coral paint keep me thinking tropical isles, sandy beaches, sun and fun.
Given that the owners are from Puerto Rico and missed their homeland in this urban new-build, that’s no surprise. That’s why they engaged interior/event designer Kerra Michele, of Kerra Michele Interiors, who chased those blues away with the right color in all the right places.
And given that I live in come-fall-come-gray-’til-spring Indiana, it’s not a bad idea for perking up my own home environment (if I can sell Chris on it). I simply love how this color pulls all those open spaces together and draws you through them.
Let’s take a closer look…
If you want more…
- Get the details about this design project.
- Check out Kerra Michele’s other work.
- Shop (and follow!) both my Etsy and ebay stores for vintage finds, a few of my boho DIYs, and next-to-new surplus home decor. New merchandise gets added daily, so check both places often.
- Sign up to have BoHo Home posts sent to your inbox using the subscription link in the sidebar (top right). Or follow with Bloglovin, a social-media platform that allows you to set up an account and access all the blogs you want to read in one place.
- Find additional content from BoHo Home on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and Houzz, and give me a follow EVERYWHERE!! The more the merrier!